Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Rooted/Jailbroken devices and EW3

Rooted/jailbroken devices are not supported in EW3 (or any of Glu's games), so we cannot troubleshoot issues on these devices. Possible effects of a rooted/jailbroken device include the following:
    • Not seeing the "free glu credits" button
    • Intermittent ability to participate in live operations like tournaments
    • Intermittent success with in-app purchases
    • Valor points (VP) not being counted/increasing

"Reversing" a rooted device may not eliminate all of the programs, so this is not a guarantee that gameplay will resume normal behavior. You may also want to check what programs are running on your device that are most likely interfering with normal purchase procedures.

If you are experiencing any of these issues and you know your device is not rooted, it is possible you are running a program that is also utilized by rooted devices (i.e. a superuser program); you can try removing these programs and gameplay may resume normal behavior.

We do not support rooted devices in general but if you can get your device to work then certainly feel free to share that info with others; however we cannot troubleshoot issues on rooted devices.

iam using samsung galaxy s3 with android version 4.3 not rooted and game installed from playstore and i have this issues help please

glu, cheater -dont need to root their device- to hack this game. Just -install apk mod and replace the obb file-. Please come up with another solution rather than just unsupport root device. Not all root device player is cheater.

Quote Originally Posted by kamransarmad View Post
    My iPad was jailbroken and I realized that my VP and GS ranks are not in LeaderBoard. So I spent some time doing a clean restore to factory settings and now my device is not jailbroken any more. Still my rank is very low and in tournaments my vp does not add to my guild score. I am very worried about it. How can I resolve this problem or do I have to wait for a new update or am I black listed some how? Please help me solving this issue. Thanks
    I responded to this in your other post (no need to repeat posts).

No need to even get mad, u guys are so beyond pathetic that you guys cannot specifically determine the cheaters and hackers from people who's device is jailbroken/rooted that is not cheating or hacking. Therefore saying this, DO A BETTER GOD **** JOB AND FIX THIS FOR THE COMMUNITY!

Although I do understand the reasoning behind these restrictions, no company I've ever worked for would have allowed me to write root checking algorithms like that which are present here. In actuality, I wouldn't write them period if other solutions were available.

The method used now produces many false positives, even on devices like mine with less than 10 apps installed (besides system and Google apps) and the phone came brand new as an insurance replacement and has never been rooted so contains no busybox modules or traces of root. There are two apps installed now which use su for further functionality (a text editor for programming and a file explorer) and neither of these apps are triggering the root check because I uninstalled each one by one and tested. I knew they wasn't going to though but needed evidence to back my statements up.

Root equals having Administrator access in the PC world. A device that's rooted is nothing to be looked down on at all. Instead of restricting rooted devices (I haven't rooted this replacement solely for this game), a different method of protecting game data in the /data/.../{gamedirectory}/ folder needs to be explored. One possible solution was outlined I'm one of my big posts on unrooted devices being caught as rooted.

I know that it's a known issue now, but creating a better root checker algorithm is not the answer for an elegant solution. The method I outlined is an outline of the process a game I'm currently working uses. It has worked flawlessly so far (after a few modifications) and hasn't slowed gameplay down at all by any noticeable speeds. No offense at all, but look at Diablo II. In offline mode yes we could hack our hearts out with hex editors. In online gameplay, in my 4 years of playing hardcore I never ONCE saw anyone with multiple characters decked out with the best zod runeword gear or full elite uniques.

That example gives an outline for another method that could be used (although modded some). This should be priority ONE as many non rooted players have paid real money. I have paid real money for inventory space and sometimes shards when I'm in a hurry. I have paid more than the game is worth. It's not as if this game was created from scratch and the problem may lie in not being able to change any of the licensed code. If so, then my apologies. But developers are wily people. Motivate them and we will think outside the box. There are no boundaries we cannot cross.

If this isn't fixed soon, there will be a wave of players hitting Google up for refund on all purchases made and when that happens Google takes a hard look at what the company is doing to create such distress. I've witnessed it first hand with DeNA many times. Look at their reputation (although pulling in like 230 billion in end quarter profits of last year is no joke, their reputation on how they got there is **** poor).

I'm saying this with my CTO hat and Project Manager hat on now:

"There is no excuse to restrict this application to the wide audience of saavy techs who like to control their hosts files to block ads or tweak GPS setting is or flash the latest Android builds when their OEM fails to deliver on updates or overclock with a custom kernel...or even to just be able to set up iptabkes and run their own firewall over their phone for security reasons.

I know you guys have it in you, several ideas have been laid out for inspiration and I know you are up to the task. Now..have this done by morning..." Lol ok that last line I wouldn't say.

I would be more than happy to write the silly code to protect the game data and stick it on github as open source material if you guys really can't come up with something more elegant than calling su to see if it passes or fails, them checking for root apps of it fails (hardcoded root apps that is which is usually and in this case bad practice, and then searching for files that are root related like busybox modules, ams then doing whatever secret checks we don't know about. Listen, K know what you guys are checking as I know Android inside and out, but I won't tell it's cool

I want to optimize my file mounts and remove journaling and also while I'm at it turn fsync off as they are pointless on mobile devices AND play the game. But as is I can't even play while unroofed. I'm not going to Google for a full refund of all purchases because like I said while wearing my hats...I know you guys are up to it. If not, I could use a job myself. We can interview via video conference for the interview and we'll set Jo travel arrangements and I'm there

I know this will get settled,..I have faith...God bless and peace!

Can we get a list of apps to stay away from that will trigger this blacklist of accounts etc? I'm getting a new phone and there are a ton of apps I like to use on a rooted or non rooted phone. If an app requires root and my phone is not rooted then what's the problem? It won't work anyways...well the root portion of it

Titanium backup for example.... we get blacklisted for having that app on phone?
    Root explorer
    Lidroid File Explorer

This needs to be clear.

Quote Originally Posted by StTyrael View Post
    Although I do understand the reasoning behind these restrictions, no company I've ever worked for would have allowed me to write root checking algorithms like that which are present here. In actuality, I wouldn't write them period if other solutions were available.

The method used now produces many false positives, even on devices like mine with less than 10 apps installed (besides system and Google apps) and the phone came brand new as an insurance replacement and has never been rooted so contains no busybox modules or traces of root. There are two apps installed now which use su for further functionality (a text editor for programming and a file explorer) and neither of these apps are triggering the root check because I uninstalled each one by one and tested. I knew they wasn't going to though but needed evidence to back my statements up.

Root equals having Administrator access in the PC world. A device that's rooted is nothing to be looked down on at all. Instead of restricting rooted devices (I haven't rooted this replacement solely for this game), a different method of protecting game data in the /data/.../{gamedirectory}/ folder needs to be explored. One possible solution was outlined I'm one of my big posts on unrooted devices being caught as rooted.

I know that it's a known issue now, but creating a better root checker algorithm is not the answer for an elegant solution. The method I outlined is an outline of the process a game I'm currently working uses. It has worked flawlessly so far (after a few modifications) and hasn't slowed gameplay down at all by any noticeable speeds. No offense at all, but look at Diablo II. In offline mode yes we could hack our hearts out without hex editors. In online gameplay, in my 4 years of playing hardcore I never ONCE saw anyone with multiple characters decked out with the best zod runeword gear or full elite uniques.

That example gives an outline for another method that could be used (although modded some). This should be priority ONE as many non rooted players have paid real money. I have paid real money for inventory space and sometimes shards when I'm in a hurry. I have paid more than the game is worth. It's not as if this game was created from scratch and the problem may lie in not being able to change any of the licensed code. If so, then my apologies. But developers are wily people. Motivate them and we will think outside the box. There are no boundaries we cannot cross.

If this isn't fixed soon, there will be a wave of players hitting Google up for refund on all purchases made and when that happens Google takes a hard look at what the company is doing to create such distress. I've witnessed it first hand with DeNA many times. Look at their reputation (although pulling in like 230 billion in end quarter profits of last year is no joke, their reputation on how they got there is **** poor).

I'm saying this with my CTO hat and Project Manager hat on now:

"There is no excuse to restrict this application to the wide audience of saavy techs who like to control their hosts files to block ads or tweak GPS setting is or flash the latest Android builds when their OEM fails to deliver on updates or overclock with a custom kernel...or even to just be able to set up iptabkes and run their own firewall over their phone for security reasons.

I know you guys have it in you, several ideas have been laid out for inspiration and I know you are up to the task. Now..have this done by morning..." Lol ok that last line I wouldn't say.

I would be more than happy to write the silly code to protect the game data and stick it on github as open source material if you guys really can't come up with something more elegant than calling su to see if it passes or fails, them checking for root apps of it fails (hardcoded root apps that is which is usually and in this case bad practice, and then searching for files that are root related like busybox modules, ams then doing whatever secret checks we don't know about. Listen, K know what you guys are checking as I know Android inside and out, but I won't tell it's cool

I want to optimize my file mounts and remove journaling and also while I'm at it turn fsync off as they are pointless on mobile devices AND play the game. But as is I can't even play while unroofed. I'm not going to Google for a full refund of all purchases because like I said while wearing my hats...I know you guys are up to it. If not, I could use a job myself. We can interview via video conference for the interview and we'll set Jo travel arrangements and I'm there

I know this will get settled,..I have faith...God bless and peace!
    My suggestion is to hire this dude. How many of your programmers have technical skills with equally impressive ability to interact with the community? Could do EW3 some good.

Im on a device that was jailbroken over a year ago. I've never hacked anything and Ive paid real money to play this game. I worked my way into a top guild and risk losing my place since i cant contribute. If anyone has a successful fix so I dont lose everything, please share.

I'm not familair with iOS as I've refused to use it any longer than borrow a friend's phone to male a call, so I'm not sure Jail broken is the same as rooted. Rooted means you have the su binary file in /system/xbin or /system/bin. These are two Linux directories where executable binaries and scripts are to be placed. "su" is just a filename for the binary that in Linux grants the calling process access to the root file system ("/"). In Windows, we call this logging in as Administrator so we can, well, administrate the operating system.

I understand why Google, when developing Android (which is built on top of a Linux kernel - in laymen's terms means that it's basically a stripped down version of Linux built for mobile devices) chose to leave this su binary out. In Links distributions for the PC it's a normal part of Linux. On mobile devices that presents some security issues, but one main reason is because phone companies don't like their users being able to mod their phones to say, unlock free tethering. Another reason is that unknowing users could download an app which uses su maliciously to steal data or more. The permissions that an app can access are listed in the manifest file in the apk, which is the file extension for an app. An apk is just a zip file that contains all the app's code and data. Additional data can be downloaded separately, but basic apps are all contained within the apk, or zip file. The manifest is the list of permissions that app has access to. Now, like I was saying, we can see which permission apps can access before installing but many people do not even read them. A wallpaper app with the READ_SMS_LOG permission (I don't have the permissions memorized, that's just an example of a real permission) is doing something other than just display wallpapers.

Android doesn't have su because of users who don't understand what it is and that blindly run any and all apps. Companies that hand out employer phones that deal in sensitive information also tend to like devices that are mlsre locked down as well. With that said, rooting really doesn't present much of a danger at all as long as you treat it like Administrator access on Windows and don't go messing with files you don't know. There are whitelist apps that accompany the su binary so that we can tell Android which apps to run with full access and ones not listed will run without su.

That's all, but it means that every aspect of the os can be changed. We can even change the kernels we use and the recoveries we use, but that involves having an unlocked or bypassed boot loader which is out of scope. I don't believe that JailBreaking is quite the same thing. Many things on a JailBroken phone still can't be modified, and I might actually go see once and for all what goes on behind the scenes. I just dislike Apple ... I also can't speak from a developers point to give any opinion on if blocking jailbroken devices is an accepted practice or if alternative methods are available.

Even if they check for rooted phones and block them from ranking, anyone who can Google information off of the XDA forums can find out that there are ways to still modify the game data and still not technically be rooted. Hackers can just run their phone with their boot loader unlocked, and then use ADB (Android Debug Bridge - set of protocols that are used when your phone is connected to a PC run through the command line) to log in as root and make the desired changes. Then they can unplug their device and enjoy playing Eternity Warriors 3 with modified game files and STILL be ranked because they arent really "rooted". All they did was use an Android developer tool distributed by Google themselves to log in via the command line on their PC with full access to all the files on their phone.

I'm sorry to be the one divulging this information in a public game forum but I want the kids and admins to realize that the current system is still flawed and not a real solution. Players can still hack away and rank. I hole by doing this that this reality sinks in, as I want this game to evolve, ...or at least let the developers in on something that was missed during testing. Maybe they have a secret way to discover hackers that use that method, and if so I give them my highest praise.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast